Disability Advocacy Day is a day-long event focused on connecting Self-Advocates with their legislators to talk about issues that matter to them. It is hosted by Survival Coalition of Wisconsin Disability Organizations. Join us in Madison for a briefing about disability issues and to meet with your legislators or staff!
Thursday, March 23, 2023
9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Registration deadline is March 3rd.
- Registration is FREE – BUT you MUST register.
- Order a lunch (optional) FREE- BUT you MUST register.
- YOU MUST REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE. Direct Care Workers attending to assist you for the day must register for this event.
- Use your HOME/VOTING address to register. Business addresses or PO Boxes are not allowed.
- No on-site registration or walk-ins.
Agenda at a Glance
9:30: Check in: Monona Terrace, One John Nolen Drive, Madison. Stop by the Voting Resource table.
10:30: Briefing on Survival Coalition’s current issues, planning time and lunch.
12:15: Rally at the State Capitol, Martin Luther King Blvd. entrance (3 blocks away).
1:00 – 3:00: Attend Legislative visits.
3:00 – 3:30: Check out and debrief after your visit at the Capitol.
- Participants support Survival Coalition’s mission to maximize community inclusion for all people with disabilities.
- Participants must attend the 10:30 a.m. briefing at the Monona Terrace Convention Center.
- Attend your legislative visits at the scheduled time with your group.