The final draft of the Wisconsin Rail Plan 2050 is now available for review and feedback until June 10, 2023!
This plan sets goals and objectives for the safe and efficient movement of people and products throughout Wisconsin that enhances economic productivity, accessibility, and the quality of the state’s communities via rail, as per Connect 2050.
- Read the final draft of the Wisconsin Rail Plan 2050 here.
- Learn more about the Wisconsin Rail Plan 2050 via the WisDOT Plan site.
- Learn more about Connect 2050 via WisDOT.
DRW noted concerns with accessibility at several train stations in the state and has urged the Wisconsin Department of Transportation to take a more active role to ensure that needed updates are made to bring all Wisconsin train stations into ADA compliance over the course of the 2050 plan. You can reference DRW’s comments on the previous draft of the plan below when writing and submitting your comments.
- Read DRW’s comments on the previous draft of the plan here (PDF).
- Read the WI Department of Transportation’s current ADA Transition Plan.
Accessibility and ADA compliance at train stations and on rail service is important in ensuring equitable transportation throughout the state. Submit a comment online.