Sponsored by the Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force and Milwaukee Turners.
This is the third session in a series of Zoom forums on the way that people with mental illness encounter the court system. This session will address the planning and discharge process when someone with serious mental illness who has been incarcerated is returning to the community. The panel will also discuss roles and responsibilities in providing re-entry support.
Registration is required. Register for the forum via Zoom.
April 12th Forum Panel Members
- Michael Meulemans, Opening Avenues to Reentry Success (OARS) Program
- Zachary Wisniewski, Corrections Field Supervisor Perspective on Prison/WRC releases as it relates to community supervision
- Ashley Johnson, Mental Health Unit and Mental Health Court Pilot
- David Carlson, Certified Peer Specialist, We Adapt Peer Support
- Chantell Jewell, Superintendent House of Correction, Milwaukee County
- Elizabeth Schwartz, Case Manager, Wellpath
Moderator: Emilio De Torre, Executive Director, Milwaukee Turners
To request disability related accommodations, including ASL interpreters, include your request on your registration. Please make your request as soon as possible; we will do our best to fill all requests. ASL interpreters and captioning will be provided.