CW: discussion of sexual violence against people with disabilities
Did you know that people with disabilities are 4 times more likely to be rape or sexual assault victims? Research shows that people with disabilities are safer when they are connected to their communities. Join People First Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities for a Community Conversation event to:
- connect with community members;
- learn how to foster community inclusion and safety for people with disabilities;
- find resources and strategies to prevent sexual violence against people with disabilities;
- and help Wisconsin become a safer place.
- Mary Till, Life Navigators
- Sandra Lomeli, Parent
- Christie Carter, Milwaukee LGBTQ Community Center
- Cindy Bentley, People First Wisconsin
- Pam Malin, Disability Rights Wisconsin
The event is free, but registration is required. Register to get the meeting link via Zoom.
If you need Sign Language or Spanish Interpretation, please check the option on the registration form.
If you have questions or need help registering, contact Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-335-8219.